According to a recent study, US Hispanics are more likely to have diabetes than other segments of the population. Here are some tips to help you prevent or delay diabetes:
1) Set small challenges for yourself that you can achieve. A series of small goals can lead to big improvements.
2) Team up with other people for support.
3) If you are overweight, just try to lose 5-7% of your current weight.
4) Make healthier food choices every day. Choose foods with fiber such as fruits and vegetables.
5) Make the time to prepare healthier foods.
6) Cut down on food portion sizes.
7) Choose water instead of soda or juice.
8) Increase your activity by walking more often.
9) Get active every day.
10) Educate yourself on diabetes prevention. Take ownership for your health.